ASSISTANT PRODUCT MANAGER
What is it like to work at Oshko?
Oshko is a young and energetic company that specializes in the design, building and sale of advanced gaming PCs. Its founder and president, Francis Carroll, is a passionate gamer with over ten years of international experience in the computer industry.
At Oshko, because we are so passionate about gaming and computers, we have created an environment that promotes creativity, and where thinking outside the box is highly encouraged. Our daily mission is to bring to market the most advanced gaming PCs, and best customer service ever seen. Teamwork is integral and unites us as we work towards achieving a common goal: exceeding customer expectations and creating excitement.
We have surrounded ourselves with nothing short of the best. Oshko can count on the support of many well-known partners, which allows us to continue to serve the gaming community to the best of our ability. Together, we have positioned ourselves as industry leaders, and have pushed the boundaries of video games, making them even more exciting – and we are just getting started!
We do more than just provide the gaming community with products; we are firsthand participants. In addition to playing on gaming teams, we are active on social media, travel to attend events, enjoy a weekly allotment of gaming hours, a streaming account, and credits that can be applied to the purchase of games, and much, much more!
We work hard, but every day is fun. We constantly cheer on individual or team accomplishments.
Join our team, and you will still be allowed to make fun of Francis’ bad aim in Overwatch!
What would my responsibilities entail?
- Monitor the competition, customer preferences, and innovation in any related industry and market.
- Submit research projects (goals, timelines, and budgets) and oversee approved projects through to completion.
- Build prototypes, make improvements based on recommendations made by the product committee and see exciting new products through to sales.
- Work with manufacturers by maintaining existing business relationships to ensure their support in early sample allocation, information, R&D budgets, FAEs, etc.
- Manage inventory according to company policies and recommend policy updates when necessary.
- Oversee purchasing activities – from placing purchase orders, and tracking stock until reception, to entering data into the company inventory management system.
ASSEMBLY & QUALITY CONTROL
- Recommend potential improvements aimed at assembly and quality assurance standards and processes.
- Train advanced gaming PC assembly professionals on expected outcomes, final look and feel, and quality of the products they assemble.
- Execute assembly professionals’ duties as needed.
- Study products used by market segment and provide feedback on product improvements and additions to Oshko’s assortment.
- Product: Key Selling Points, choice of terms, packaging, merchandising.
- Features in some media as needed, such as interviews, social media.
- Events: help plan and attend events as needed.
Do I have the experience, interests, and skills you are looking for in a product manager?
WE ARE LOOKING FOR SOMEONE WHO:
- Plays computer games almost daily and is willing to play and interact with OSHKO’s community during work hours.
- Is tremendously enthusiastic about the PC gaming universe; is up to date on the latest technologies, new game releases and trends in general.
- Will enjoy interacting with the community daily and is interested in its history.
- Has recent experience building numerous desktop computers, either as a hobby or professionally.
- Experience with custom hard loop water cooling designs and builds would be a great asset.
- Has a solid understanding of computer components, what they do, how they work and interact with one another?
- Has a CEGEP (college) degree or higher. It is an asset if you studied in a field related to computer technology or the gaming industry.
- Is organized and can manage various projects simultaneously. You will manage your own schedule and must be able to set priorities. This will allow you to be a great team player, as well as contribute to your team’s ability to achieve its goals.
- Has a valid driver’s license and the ability to travel 10% of the time. Some of the travel will be outside Canada.
How do I apply?
- By email.
- Include the position title in the subject line.
- Be sure to attach your resume and cover letter in PDF form.
- Please ensure all attachments do not exceed 2MB in size.